- to promote, encourage, and affect education and training of the membership in all matters relating to or affecting their profession;
- to endeavour to secure a stronger degree of recognition in the profession of forestry for members of the CAPFT;
- to cultivate an esprit d'corps within the ranks of forest technologists and forest technicians in all disciplines/practices of forestry within the province of Alberta;
- to present a strong and unified voice for the pursuit of professional conduct and ethics within the technical field of forestry;
- to provide an opportunity for the gathering of members; and,
- to promote and afford the opportunity for interaction and technology transfer activities.